Media's Architectural Prize 2013 finalists, Hungary
Media's Architectural Prize 2013 finalists
HUNGARY - The international pre-selection committee for Media's Architectural Prize (MAP) 2013 has chosen the most fascinating architectural projects in Hungary from among the submissions of 53 buildings and 65 plans. Online voting was closed in conjunction with the members of the jury at 15:00 on Friday, 11 October 2013. Architectforum hereby announces the final results.
Overview of the selection committee
This year the professional pre-selection committee consisted of female members only, who evaluated the projects through an online voting system until 11 October.
- Triin Ojari, art historian, has been the editor-in-chief of the Estonian architectural review MAJA since 2001. She will be the director of the Museum of Estonian Architecture, located in the Rotermanns Salt Storage - Arts Centre in Tallinn.
- Maja Ivanič, Slovenian architect, has served as president of the organizing committee for the Piran Days of Architecture international architectural conference since 2008. It is the oldest and the best-known event in East-Central Europe.
- Indira van 't Klooster, from the Netherlands, is editor–in–chief of the pan-European architectural magazine, A10 new European architecture.
Six finalists of the building category
- Benedictine Forest School, Táp (chief architect: Robert Gutowski)
- Sustainable Building Energy Demonstration Centre (chief architect: Marcel Ferencz)
- Kemenes Volcano Park Visitor Centre (chief architects: László Földes, Csaba Balogh, Orsolya Tatár-Gönczi)
- House, Forest and the Photographer (chief architect: Bence Turányi)
- Conversion of Manninger Villa (chief architects: Krisztina Fülöp, Orsolya Glavanovics)
- Reconstruction of the Puppet theatre-Orangeries-Water tower complex (chief architect: Csaba Molnár)
Six finalists of the plans category
- Flood basin - living territory (thesis work by Noémi Varga, MOME)
- SOVAT Distillery industrial rehabilitation (thesis work by Örs Ákos Sófalvi)
- Community Garden and House in Pesterzsébet (final thesis by Gyöngyvér Engloner diplomamunkája, BME)
- Seed oil manufacture (thesis work by Alíz Edit Kurfis, Ybl)
- Intermodal node of Őrmező (chief architects: Márton Dévényi, Sándor Dévényi, Pál Gyürki-Kiss)
- Restaurant in Nordica Skiarena, Eplény (thesis work by Lilla Párkányi, BME)
The finalists will present their projects before the jury and public on 7 November 2013. The decision of the jury will be based on these presentations.
Tuesday | 5 November | 2013 | Hungary | architectureforum.eu