- Belgrade recently got a new and exciting night-time bar, opened in December 2011 and designed by Fluid:architecture. It is...
Leisure, Places, Sounds |
- Cornelis Schuytstraat, in Amsterdam, is well known for its exclusive and stylish boutiques. Elegant, early 20th-century shop...
Objects, Shopping |
- When design commissions are scarce it does not seem so strange to consider the option of becoming your own commissioner. And...
Learning, Places, Shopping |
- Pieterjan Gijs and Arnout Van Vaerenbergh are architects who also engage in art. Commissioned by Z-33, a cultural centre in...
Contemplation, Objects |
- On 21 June 2010 the refurbished National Glass Museum, designed by Amsterdam architects SLA, opened in Leerdam, the centre of...
VILA NOVA DE FOZ CÔA (PT)
- In 2004, a competition for the design of an art and archaeology museum on a World Heritage Site was won by Camilo Rebelo...
Learning, Places |
- On a picturesque green site on the edge of the 18th-century 'Oude Warande' park, one of the few intact star-shaped forests in...
- However nature-friendly camping may seem, its sustainability credentials are pretty disappointing in practice. FARO Architects...
Ecocentric, Leisure, Lodging, Nature |
- The four cabins on the shore of Lake Peipsi were built in 2006 – 2007. Designed by UNITe, the straw bale cabins are...
Ecocentric, Leisure, Lodging |
- Two houses dating from the mid-1920s were renovated by Daniel Kobel and Blue Architects in 2006 without sacrificing too much...
Leisure, Lodging |